Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pick Me Up Reminder

This was a daily devotional from Men of Integrity.net that I stumbled onto this morning...

"I arrived home on edge after a day of dealing with the boss, coworkers, and even the delivery guy. I was frustrated with everyone, and as I walked in the door, it showed. My wife stopped me in mid-rant with a simple question: "Did you forget to be happy today?"
That caught me off guard. Did she really think I could determine my mood and not react to the bad things that happened to me? But I knew she was right. I can get so caught up in my frustrations that I forget the extensive list of God's gifts to me that call for happiness.
I need a regular dose of the spirit of Psalm 126. The Psalmist fills six verses with praise for God's deliverance of the captives: "We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy." And in a bubbling of enthusiasm, he adds, "The Lord has done amazing things for us! What joy!" Moving from frustration to happiness sometimes starts with simply remembering why we need to make the switch."

It is so easy to get bogged down with ourselves and become a poor example for Christ. The prayer for this is for all who read this that are just having a run of the mill day.

Help me, Lord, to cultivate a positive attitude that makes belonging to you look attractive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF you would like to be added to this blog as an author that can create new posts please include your email address so that your permission can be set up.