Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Getting what you ask for.

How quickly I forget who I am.  How quickly I forget who God is.  I often pray for God's will - but when I meet him face to face, can I stand?  God's glory is too much for my gray matter to compehend.

So I sing my God's praises when he is far away.  I curse my God when he draws close to me and challenges my pride.  Even in the hard times, when I trust in the Lord, I should sing God's praises for being stronger than I am.

Someone will win.  Either God will allow you to choose Him (and thus sanctify you and bring you into his son Jesus' life, death, and resurrection), or God will allow you to choose yourself.

Easter, as grusome as it sounds, is getting what we've asked for.  Sure, we don't ask for someone to die, but we do ask for somenoe to set us right with God.  Our lives speak volumes about what we want.  Some simply say, "I can't do it" and so Jesus does.  Others simply say, "I won't do it" and so Jesus does.

Wherever you find yourself this Lenten Season, I pray that what you want and what God wants will become the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

IF you would like to be added to this blog as an author that can create new posts please include your email address so that your permission can be set up.